Facilitator, Trainer, Educator
This website gives an overview of my work in the field of education. I have broad experience in working with international groups and with international teams for over 15 years. I have been working and living in various countries in Europe and abroad. For further information and/or if you are interested in cooperating with me, please contact me via email@example.com
Main topics of my educational work
- Education for sustainable development.
- Happiness, Wellbeing and Sustainability.
- Political topics (Globalisation, development, Europe, Human Rights, Tolerance, Democracy and many more).
- Intercultural learning and international co-operation.
- Trainings on soft skills: communication, teamwork, presentation skills, problem solving.
- Train the trainer work on Education of sustainable development, education basics, facilitation skills.
Happiness and sustainability
In 2014-2019 I did my Phd-Thesis on the topic „happiness & sustainability“. I also combine this topic with my educational work by giving lectures and facilitating workshops on the topic. For more details visit www.glueckundnachhaltigkeit.de/english
Besides the usual set of methods that are used working with small and large groups, like moderating plenary discussions, etc. I have solid experience with:
- Betzavta (Democracy Learning Methodology)
- A World of Difference (Method for Tolerance and Anti-Bias work)
- Open Space Technoly, World Cafe
- „Zukunftswerkstatt“ (Future Workshop, a method for developing ideas for change)
- creative work: theatre work, clowning, creative campaigning in public space.
Since 1999 I am active in (international) educational work, starting with international workcamps and youth seminars, later on proceeding to trainings and facilitating conferences. A selection of my international work:
Expert on ESD in the project EcoNa of JANUN in Germany and Ecucentric in Bulgaria (2019-2021).
Expert on ESD in the project KonsUmdenken of BUNDjugend in Germany and Ecocentric in Bulgaria. (2015-2016)
Expert on ESD for the German-Polish Youth Office, developing and facilitating trainings for teachers.
Developing and facilitating international Projects, e.g. 2009 in Kosovo with EraGroup.
Facilitating more than 30 international youth seminars at the International Haus Sonnenberg, (1999-2011)
Facilitating trainings on Human Rights Education (Report)
I also worked as project manager for Young Friends of the Earth Germany, managing the project WELTbewusst including international contacts and as project assistant at Germanwatch in the project makeITfair.
Since 2013 I hold a teaching assignment at the University of Hildesheim, Dep. of Social and Organisation Pedagogics, teaching theory and methods of educational work.
From 2015-16 I had three teaching assignment at the University of Kassel, Dep. of Social Sciences, teaching theory and methods of educational work.
In 2018 I had a teaching assignment at the Eberswalde University for Sustainable Development, teaching Education for Sustainable Development.